Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Let's start a food log, yes?

I am hoping that this blog will give me the accountability that I lack right now. Meaning, I hope that the risk of failure and looking like a quitter will make me continue and stick with the program.

On the program note, I think logging the food I eat each day should be a good yardstick to determine what is good, and what is bad. I will use the nutrition content from sparkpeople.com where I am a member.

So, today is Tuesday, December 22, 2009. It is 1:06 pm and I just woke up and ate the following:

Two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and a glass and a half of 2% milk. That totals out to be:

1,023 Calories, 109g Carbohydrates, 51g Fat, and 40g Protein.

On some weird calculation, for my lifestyle and my body type, I normally require somewhere in the area of 3,300 calories a day. The same calculation tells me to begin cutting that number down, which would then have the body start using up fat instead of calories from food intake. I know all this, and I'm sure if anyone else has dieted before, you know this as well. So we're gonna go from here on in, assuming we know what it is we're doing.

That is quite a large meal calorie wise, so theoretically I will have to watch the rest of the day's meals.

No comments: