Tuesday, December 22, 2009

We should probably get to know one another...

I'll start. Like it says on the left side, my name is Dan, and I am an overweight 28 year old. I have made my New Year's resolution early. My goal is for me to lose 30 lbs in 2010. That's just a little over 2 lbs a month.

So let's start out with some background: I am a Marine Corps veteran of two combat tours in Iraq. I returned in October 2005. I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and a Traumatic Brain Injury. I have been on many different medications for both of these ailments for over 4 years now. The basic treatment is therapy and medication. So the medications are psychiatric meds, all of which have a side effect of weight gain. 

However, I am not going to place all of the blame on the medications. I have not been doing much lately as far as living healthy. So that may be a benefit to the desire to lose weight -- the unintentional side effect of living healthy.

So to start out, I kinda have a plan. I am deciding which workout plans to use, and the right diet. Which should be pretty darn difficult. I've got four years of habits to break. Four years of overeating, stress eating, unregimented sleep cycles, sitting around watching the TV all day. So it looks pretty difficult from this end. But, I'm gonna take it one day at a time, and get some results. 


Let's see if this works.

No comments: