Monday, January 4, 2010

sleep, where have you gone?

It's 137am and I cannot sleep. Once again, sleep eludes me at the time that I seek it, only to ambush me when I want to be awake. I need to reset my body clock so I sleep at the right hours and wake up at the right hour. This has been an ongoing problem since I returned from Iraq in 2005. Thankfully, the nightmares, the hypervigilance, and the anxiety has abated mostly, and now it's simply a physical thing, rather than my mind fucking with me all night. Those times were really, really bad. Still, I'd love to get on a good sleep schedule and have it be a long-term thing. Oh well, I am awake.
So, now that I am awake, what shall I do? Obviously, one option is to sit here and continue yapping away on my blog. Another option is to get some organizing done of personal papers. But I've been putting that off for quite a while, with no good reason, and I'm not sure if I want to tackle that mountain right now. I do have a bit of stuff to do tomorrow: I need to get some paperwork to send to a prospective employer; I have an appointment at the VA, continuing my Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for my PTSD; I also need to find some paperwork to send to my insurance company for a hospital visit from November, 2008. Which brings me back to tackling that mountain of paperwork, to find the stuff I need to send out.
OK, well, I'm off to......surf the web for awhile. Real productive times here.

No comments: