Saturday, January 16, 2010

today was a good day, even though I have yet to exercise.

I went to the VA to walk, and stretched for a while, to make sure I was warmed up and ready. Well, not so much. My legs are still sore even after stretching and warmup, so I did one mile and stopped.
Off topic for a bit, I went to my nephew's Cub Scout Pinewood Derby tonight. It was like stepping back into time, years ago, before my mom died. It was great. I've been thinking about volunteering somewhere, so I asked, and I'm probably going to be his den leader, which is great. I'll be able to help out with Scouting which has always been a part of my life, plus, I'll be able to spend time regularly with my nephew. I'm real excited about that. I then had dinner with the family, and am in the middle of watching a movie with my dad. So, all in all, today was a good day in that I was out and accomplished something. Also, spent time with friends and family. I may get to the workout later on before bed (even though it is nearly 2am now) but if I don't, I'm ok with that. Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.

1 comment:

Meregarita said...

I really like this post and the updates overall..May motivate me to exercise for the first time in...er, a long time. Keep up the hard work!