Thursday, February 11, 2010

Of getting up early and such...

So, I had to be somewhere important today at noon. Which meant that I had to leave at roughly 1115. Which meant that I and my car had to be ready to leave no later than 1105. Which meant that I had to allot at least 25 minutes to digging it out. That makes 1040. I needed to wear a suit to this thing today, which means I had to goto the dry cleaner and pick it up. I also needed a new white shirt. So that's at least 30 minutes which makes it 1010. I also needed to shower and eat some breakfast, which makes roughly 930.
So I had to get up out of bed, and be functioning and responsive at 930 this morning. While this may not seem like such a tall order to most normal people, for me, it is a crapshoot as to whether I will get enough sleep (if any at all) to be awake and functioning that early. I didn't fall asleep until around 2am last night, and woke up at 6am. However, at 6am, it is waaaaay easier to fall asleep than it is at 10 or 11pm. So I went back to sleep. However, like a good little boy, I set an alarm. But not only one alarm -- I am immune to the charms of one alarm -- I set three. Two cell phones, strategically placed in far corners of the room, and a regular *beep* *beep* *beep* alarm clock. And lo and behold, I awoke when I wanted to, and accomplished all I needed to, and more.
I spent a half hour at the DMV after my appointment, and got my license renewed. That's the least amount of time ever spent in the DMV having accomplished what I needed to. The world just might spin off its axis today.
I'm going up to Connecticut tonight for my uncle's birthday. So that means that for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I won't be able to be as picky with what I eat, nor will I really exercise. So, today, I plan on watching what I consume, as well as doing a good long cardio workout and a good hard strength workout, because I'll have plenty of recovery time.

On a different note, I am trying to educate more people who know me about the inner workings of PTSD. This site http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/mental_health/ptsd.htm is pretty good at explaining some things. There are others out there if you are interested. OK, that's it for me. time to get some relaxing in before the exercise begins.

FGSO

No comments: