Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Of three days in a row exercising and doing bonus...

Good start so far to this calendar week. So, last post I kinda had a nutty about what I want to do with my life. On a possibly/not really/kinda related note, I was going through old papers and photos today, and saw pictures of me from my Life Before The Marine Corps. I was surprised how young I was and how serene I looked. Honestly, the word serene was in my head. I thought, "Oh, yeah, that was before all of this nasty crazy stuff happened and screwed my life up." But thinking about it now, I felt then that I had already been through nasty crazy stuff and that my life was already screwed up. So I'm kinda ambivalent of how I feel about it. As I showered tonight, I decided that it's time to banish that thought that my life is screwed up. Different maybe, difficult at times, but screwed up is too negative, and we're trying to change to a positive note here. So here we go:

I have experienced many difficult and stressful things in my life.
These stressful things have impacted the kind of person I am and the kind of outlook I have on the world.
I have experienced more life-or-death and life-changing incidents in my life so far than most people will in their entire lives.
I have experienced many losses of close family and friends.
These losses have impacted the way I form relationships and make friends.
I can choose to see the things that have happened to me as bad things, or as life learning experiences.
I can let depression and gloom and misery be the main force in my life, or I can decide to stop depression in its tracks.
I choose to change the path my life is on, and make something meaningful out of it.
I choose to be happy.

Congratulations to Tom and Niki on expecting their first child!

FGSO

No comments: