Tuesday, March 16, 2010

endorphins

good strength workout. quick, fast-paced, not too heavy weights, but good for the overall kick. Sitting here sweating and bout to take a shower. I feel much better right now than I have in the last few days. I know how much the activity releases the ol' brain chemicals to help stave off depression, but when I'm so depressed, the thought of any physical exertion is just not happening. I need to work on that, try and harness this post-workout aura each day so that I don't get that depressed. Anyway, shower time. I'll recap the food quickly:

didn't eat too much today: rigatoni with broccoli and chicken, 2% chocolate milk, lots of water, and probably something else before bed. The late food I will post in the AM. Speaking of the AM, once again would hope that I can wake up early and maybe make it to the VA for PRRC tomorrow. I wonder how that will work.

1 comment:

Chantelle said...

Depression is a hard hard thing to battle. I know this sentence all to well it feels like..."I know how much the activity releases the ol' brain chemicals to help stave off depression, but when I'm so depressed, the thought of any physical exertion is just not happening". It's very difficult to explain it to people who have never battled depression either - not just the working out thing but the lack of desire to do anything really.

I'm enjoying checking in on your blog every couple of days. Just wanted to leave a comment to let you know someone is out here reading :) Keep up the good work!