Monday, April 5, 2010

Honor and service, even in death.

I want to pass along the story of a fellow Marine, the late Lance Corporal Libardo Anthony Jimenez. I did not know this Marine. I saw his picture on the front cover of Newsday today. Lance Corporal Jimenez was a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, having served with the 3rd Battalion, 9th Marine Regiment in Anbar province, Iraq, from August to October 2009. He was 21 years old when he passed away on March 23. He was an organ donor, and his donations saved the lives of five people. I find it incredibly amazing how he positively impacted his world in his life and his death. Anyone who puts on the uniform of this country to serve and deploys in support of our ongoing operations is a hero. He was heroic after his last moments by donating his organs to people in need. Organ donation is a serious choice, one I don't know I have the courage to; but Lance Corporal Jimenez chose to, and in his last act in his life, he saved the lives of five others.

Semper Fidelis, Lance Corporal Libardo Anthony Jimenez.

No comments: