Thursday, April 1, 2010

Time to recap the first 90 Days of this process...

OK, We're now on Day 91 of 2010, meaning my first 90 days of following the exercise plan and meal plan are over. For those just joining us, I have been following the Weight Watchers Momentum plan. (No, they're not paying me to advertise, but it'd be nice) The exercise plan had elements of Tony Horton's Power 90, Billy Blank's Tae Bo, and some other stuff. This is gonna be pretty much a numbers post, so get ready:

Pounds lost: 25
Inches lost off waist: 3.5
Inches off stomach: 3.5
Inches off calf: .5
Inches off neck: 1
Inches off thighs: 3

Of the 90 days, I exercised 45 days. That was 19 in January, 9 in February and 17 in March.
Of the 90 days, I ate "correctly" on 31 days. This means I ate more than the points total on the other days, or I didn't log the food. Obviously, I have changed my eating habits, even when I exceed the points total per day.

I have pictures from Days 1, 30, 60 and 90. I may post them. Not sure yet.

My first goal was 5% of my body weight, which equaled 14 pounds. My second goal was the same, this equaled 13 pounds. I have two pounds to go for that goal.

I've learned quite a bit about myself these past 90 days, as well. First, was a reaffirmation of the fact that I can do anything, once I put my energies behind it. I also learned exactly what I was eating on a day-to-day basis. Those first few days and weeks were tough. I was hungry and cranky. My body had to get used to eating normal amounts of food, rather than stuffing my face like I had been doing for a long time. I also learned that I eat when I am stressed, which only compounds the problems. I ate whenever I wanted to, without listening to the body, and waiting for my body to say "hey! I'm hungry, let's eat!" Nor did I listen when the body said "hey! that's enough! no more food!" Now I listen more. I'd like to say I am perfect, but we both know that isn't even close to the truth. But occasionally, I pay attention to my body's hunger signals, and make better food choices. I have stopped drinking soda. It's just not something I want all the time anymore. Granted, every now and then I will have some with a meal out, but I used to drink soda every day. Not anymore. I drink water, I drink milk, 2%, and I make iced tea, or lemonade, or some other drink mix, so the water has some flavor.
One of the major things I have learned is that exercising regularly helps to lessen my depression. It doesn't make it go away, but it does make it much much less of an issue each day. However, if I stop exercising for two days or more, I have become really depressed really quickly. The return of the depression is surprisingly harsh. So my tactic is to make sure that I exercise as often as is possible. Which in effect is doubly efficient - the depression is easier to live with, and I continue to get in shape. Nice.

Anyway, that's the recap from today. Hope you all are enjoying yourselves out there.
FGSO

1 comment:

"Tommy BBQ" Kline said...

Good job man. Every little bit counts, and can add up to a lot, as your last ninety days have. I'm happy for you. Keep working!