Tuesday, June 1, 2010

holiday weekend recap and stuff

i spent the holiday weekend up in Bridgewater, Massachusetts, with my good friends Charlie and Liz. It was great to see them, it had been quite a while, about a year, so it was great to get back up there and catch up. I took a bus up there, which was nice because it was cheap, no stress, and convenient. I got to see a lot of people there that I had not seen in quite a while which was really great. I spent a while talking with Rachel, who I hadn't seen in a couple of years, so it was great to catch up and hang out. I was told, more than once, that I 'look great' and 'look like I am happy', which really was nice to hear. I am a lot happier these days, and it's nice to hear people say that they can see that, especially people who have known me for a while, and have seen me through my ups and downs. Overall it was a great weekend!
I did take the time to spend some time alone and reflect on the true meaning of Memorial Day. I thought about my best friend, Corporal David "Bear" Stewart, who didn't make it home from Iraq. I thought about others who didn't make it, and those still serving there and elsewhere. I am privileged to have served alongside such honorable and noble Marines, and I make sure to remember that every day of my life. I miss Stew and those guys, every day. But I am thankful that I was able to know them for the time that I did, and I will never, ever forget them.

No comments: