Saturday, October 16, 2010

Before the new week begins

This weekend was great! I was able to recuperate and get over most of my sickness so that is fantastic. I went out with my roommates and some new Israeli friends Friday night to a club in Rehovot. It was an interesting experience. I really enjoy seeing the difference in the culture between Israeli and American people. The club was part frat party, part rooftop bar, and part Jersey Shore Jews. It was certainly amusing. For those who are unaware, as I was until the other night, there is such a thing as a jewish Guido. I can't do it justice in a blog, but it was a cool time.

I haven't ran nor exercised in a few days on account of being sick, but plan on running tomorrow night to get back into the swing of things.

In other news, I talked to an Israeli girl at the mall tonight and gave her my number. It was a small step toward being more social and active. Honestly it was scary. I was saying to a friend of mine recently that there are some social situations that I am more scared than when I was in combat in Iraq. But I ended up giving her my number. It's a step. It can only be easier next time, right?

Anyway, I hope y'all are doing great - thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Sounds like progress is being made. Live your life to the fullest and be joyful. I'll be thinking of you and wishing you well.
Val