Sunday, October 24, 2010

school with small children

So today I was in a classroom with - you guessed it - small children. We sat in on classes in first, second and third grade. Let me tell you, it was quite the assault on the senses. The children were really excited that we were there, and spoke to us in english, which for most is "Hello," "How are you," etc. - which isn't too far from my level of hebrew. The big thing though is the cultural difference. The interaction between teacher and student is so much different and the kids are so rowdy. It's gonna be an adjustment. But I enjoyed it, and the day went really fast. So we'll see how tomorrow goes.

I am in the middle of making a meal plan schedule, because for lunch we walked to the schwarma stand, and I can't keep doing that, because a) it's 29 sheckels a day and b) it's really not all that good for me to be eating. So today I hammer out a plan for the week.

I'll be back on here later on.

1 comment:

Max Mosley said...

Glad to hear you had a good first day Dan and that you are doing better. Let me know if you ever want to play guitar, I'm always down for a bit of a jam sesh and willing to teach you whatever you like. Have a good dinner bud!