Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sarel volunteering: welcome to the Israeli Defence Force

Today was our first day of Sarel. We'll be volunteering with the Israeli Army for the week. It's nothing too exciting, basically we're a big working party. But I absolutely had a blast today.

Immediately I began remembering things about Marine Corps life. The base I'm on reminds me of Al Quaim along the Syrian border with Iraq. Complete with moon dust and sand everywhere. I realized how much of this I missed. I also realized that if I reenlisted in the Marines, I wouldn't be at a base like this. I would be in North Carolina or California. I'm pretty sure I don't want that. But I have to be honest I am entertaining the idea of the IDF for the moment.

Now relax everyone. I am not joining up or anything. But I may make some inquiries and find some information. It's always good to have as much information as possible.

On an "I'm stupid" note: I cut my thumb pretty good today. I was cutting twine and moving too fast so instead of the scissors cutting the twine, they cut my thumb a bit. Oh well, it'll grow back.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod Touch

No comments: