Saturday, January 1, 2011

The new year.

I've been in a funk of sorts the last week and a half or so. I don't really know why, and I haven't been doing much to get out of it. I thought I was sick and the doc gave me a few days off, and so I slept. A lot. But I got my blood test results back today and I am not sick. Physically sick, I mean. So it's now time to get off the mat again, and start the new year. Actually, to start the new year, I am going to take a step back and look at the year that was 2010.


Back at the beginning of this blog, the idea was to lose weight and get in shape. I began with a goal of losing 30 pounds through the year. Also, these were added: Get outside my comfort zoneVolunteerGet new hobbies, and Open a savings account.


So here's the rundown:


I lost 42 pounds! 
I started different jobs and eventually came across the world to live in and volunteer in a place I have never been, living with people I had never seen!
I volunteer teaching English and at a Women's shelter here in Ashdod, and I volunteered back home with the Cub Scouts!
I am learning to play the guitar!
I made a goal to save money for my Israel trip, and I did!


So I successfully completed my New Years resolutions. 


Well, now the thing is: what do I decide is this year's goals and resolutions?


I gotta think about this...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go completing all your resolutions Dan! I gave up on making actual New Years resolutions years ago cause I never seemed to fulfill them and ended up being disappointed in myself. Good to see someone takes them seriously!