Tuesday, September 6, 2011

let's see how week 2 of college goes...

i spent the weekend on Long Island. I had a massively poor first week, and while talking to my brother on the phone Friday, he asked me if I needed him to come over. I realized that I did, and he made the drive right away from Boston. We spent the night playing guitar and watched a movie. Then the two of us drove down to LI on Saturday for a surprise birthday party for my sister. She had no idea of the party, nor that the two of us would be there. (The three of us haven't been together for a birthday celebration for her in years, she was really happy). I rested Sunday, we had a family meal and had cake for my brother's birthday, which was about a week ago. Monday I took some time to see my niece and nephew, which I wasn't able to do before I traveled here two weeks ago. During the weekend, I got organized with school supplies and schedules and started catching up on my reading for class.

It was good to get away for the weekend. I really was overwhelmed and felt out of my depth here after the first week. I had really good support from my friends, both online, over the phone or in person, and I am eternally grateful and lucky to have them.

Now it's on to week two here at Albany. Here's to hoping that it gets a little easier this week.

No comments: