Monday, June 1, 2015

In class post

It seems that I'm still not able to fully concentrate in class, hence, another post. I've begun using my first class on MWF to finish prep for my second class which is after this one, and also to get my work ready for lab, which is later in the day.

I'm sure that this is why I am not retaining the knowledge from this class, and why I think I bombed the test in this class, so I have got to work on changing that.

I had a great weekend, saw a good friend whom I haven't seen in a couple of years, and met some of her friends. We had a great time, and I got to see more of Miami. I babysat the kids last night, which was fun, I'm always super-active with them when I'm over there, and I love spending time with them.

I finally bought some school supplies late last night, and theoretically, will be able to organize my stuff and get ready for the end of the semester. Wait, let's let that phrase sink in for a moment - the END of the semester. It's the beginning of Week 4, out of a 6 week semester. Definitely jumped into the deep end without my swimmies. But I think I'm doing alright. However, I seriously need to buckle down these last two weeks in order to get the best grade possible.

I just checked the academic calendars, and this semester, Summer A, ends on June 19. Summer B begins on June 22 and ends on July 31. The Fall semester doesn't start until August 24, which gives me almost an entire month to relax and recharge in prep for the full semesters.

On another note, I had my first visit to the Miami VA last week. I'll just say, I'm not impressed, actually, to go farther, I'm very worried that they will not be able to adequately provide me care. Without getting too far into it, they don't have a program just for OIF/OEF veterans, I don't have a dedicated social worker/case manager yet (and I started this process many months ago). They don't provide evening clinics to accommodate veterans who are fortunate enough to work or go to school, and they don't really seem to have ever come across a veteran like me, who is very active in his own healthcare. I'm pretty sure I pissed quite a few people off, all in one morning. We'll see what happens, but I'm totally not confident.

Changing subjects again, the Rangers lost Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals Friday night, and another promising season comes to a premature close. Such is the life of a Ranger fan, constant disappointment, made worse by some really good teams with huge potential who decide to not show up when it counts.

Going back to the subject of the VA, they just called and I've an appointment to get my counseling set up. This is a good thing, even if it will take three weeks to get it done.

For some reason, I'm a little more optimistic. Let's stop on that optimistic note, and hopefully the rest of my day will go well.

No comments: